다음은 IMF서울 사무소장이 저에게 보낸 메일입니다(서울에 있는 교수 3-4명 정도에게만 보낸 것). 지금 당장은 제가 이 조건을 완벽하게 갖춘 후보자를 주변서 찾기 어렵군요. 이글을 여기 공시하는 이유는 (1) 혹시 자신이 여기에 해당된다고 생각하는 사람이 있나해서.. (2) 추후에 한번 지원해 보려는 사람의 경우 어떤 자격이 필요한지를 알려주기 위함입니다.

질문이 있는 사람은 저에게 연락하십시오

Hope you are enjoying the summer months. I am writing to ask for your help in finding applicants for the research assistant position at the IMF office in Korea. As before, we are looking to hire a qualified person who has majored in economics, either with a BA or a MA, preferably with a strong background in international economics and/or finance. The person should also be able to write and speak adequately in English. English is the main language spoken in the office and the RA will be expected to assist IMF missions when they visit Korea as well as communicate by e-mail with headquarters in Washington. Since the job involves a lot of data management and analysis, s/he should also be comfortable with Excel, and also with some econometrics or statistical packages, such as Eviews or Stata. The applicant should have strong social skills, a strong drive for results and common sense to achieve them, since I rely upon the RA to contact various parties for data or information, including from our counterparts in the government, the BOK, research institutes, private sector, universities, etc.

In terms of the benefits, we pay a competitive salary or around W 32,400,000 per year. Since we are an international agency, we do not provide for additional benefits but rather expect the person to pay for insurance, etc. out of his or her salary. We also provide annual leave at the rate of 2 days per month. Res reps have a tradition to help the student to apply for graduate school abroad, such as by writing a recommendation and providing career advice, etc. Ideally, we are looking for a motivated person who plans to take a year off after graduating to prepare for graduate school next year.

If you know of one or two exceptional candidates in your economics program who would fit these requirements and would be interested in the position, please send me their names and a copy of their CV or resume. If I am lucky with your help to get few names, I plan to pick 3 or 4 candidates from the names I receive by the end of August(August 24) and interview them during the week of August 27. We would then consider starting the RA thereafter or perhaps sometime in September depending on their summer schedule.

Many thanks in advnce.